Save A Lot - Worms in my food, I even recorded the worm moving but couldn't load the video!

155 of 183 Save A Lot reviews

My husband had made me a plate of stir fry which included save a lot brand instant rice.As I was almost done eating I noticed a worm on my plate.

To be sure it was a worm I poured the instant rice in a bowl to look further. Sure enough there was a worm crawling in the bowl. I was so devastated and cannot believe I ate worms. It just doesn't get any worse, at least I hope not.

Also I used to love save a lots yogurt and wouldn't not buy it any where else, than they decided to change it. They changed there coffee too.

Save a lot, when you have a good thing going you should not be so *** to change it to a lower quality.Your stores going down hill fast, you might want to keep what's good, good.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Worms in my food
Preferred solution:
I generous gift check. A refund will not make up my devastation. $100 will make up for all the groceries I threw away because I disrust your company
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Brand Instant Rice
Review category
Food Stores
review #542216

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Save A Lot? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
155 of 183 Save A Lot reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 19 #1161814

It was rice that you had COOKED, and it had a LIVE worm in it? Nahhhh

2 0 Reply
Legal Eagle

Jan 11, 2015 #929428

This is called fraud and borderline blackmail.
"Worms in my food, I even recorded the worm moving but couldn't load the video!" ***.
Larve, maggots, worms, WTF ever you call it will surely DIE from being COOKED! It will absolutely perish from being stir-fried.
People like you need to spend some time in jail and learn a few things about cons and the law.

9 3 Reply

Oct 17, 2014 #886217

That is not a maggot or a worm. Almost all fly larvae and earth worms require a substantial amount moisture to complete their life cycle. That is the larvae stage of a saw tooth grain beetle. To be quite honest I'm sure its not the first or last time you will consume such a treat. They are found in thousands of grain/rice products we buy every day. I understand you're grossed out over it but believe or not ingesting a few these are not going to harm you physically. In some parts of the world they are part of a routine diet. I know what I'm saying is true. I'm a certified entomologist. If you would like to learn more simply google Saw Tooth Grain Beetle. There are many ways to avoid this if you do your research.

12 0 Reply

Oct 17, 2014 #886118

I thought it was an onion slice. But it's a maggot? How gross.

1 0 Reply

Oct 04, 2014 #879848

I work at save a lot and you wouldn't believe the health code violations that go on.

5 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Save A Lot. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Save A Lot.
Filing a new complaint about
×