I first started using the local Save A Lot in 2000. The store # is 823 in Providence, RI. I was a $5 -10 per visit shopper 3 times a week. I would buy produce, milk, Hillshire Farms products, and eggs.

When they eliminated Hillshire Farms products and started selling their brand, I complained nothing was done. They did not handle eggs properly I stopped buying eggs from Save A Lot. I have a post on this website with photos of the eggs.

When they charged a set price per piece of produce instead of by the pound I complained. Save A Lot started accepting SNAP I complained to set up a cashier that only took cash, and the dregs were not in the way of taxpayers, nothing was done. When they hired welfare cases, convicts and the characters of Sons on Anarchy, I complained, again to the corporate headquarters, nothing was done. Every time I complained I used the store less and less.

Now I rarely go in the store and it is only to buy milk every two weeks. That is $2.89 per visit. Everything Save A Lot did that was not a benefit to the consumer, I spent less money. I get better produce at Price Rite at a fair price in a nicer area. In other words it is not on the bus route.

I get my milk now from ALDI at a lower price. There are enough stores that have eggs on sale so I stock up and buy when they go on sale. Again, it is not on the bus route.

Save A Lot has done a great job of running customers who pay cash and not on the SNAP, WIC, or welfare out of their stores. I do not like to see businesses near my house go out of business, but if the local Save A Lot went out of business it would be an improvement to the area.

Reason of review: The convicts they hired as managers..

Preferred solution: Get better managers or close the store. .

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 28.

Comments

h.kitchener

OK, as long as you don't switch to Walmart. Aldi's is a good, reliable store.