On a recent trip to Save a Lot in Chalmette Louisiana I purchased Banana Laffy Taffy. The candy was marked from the manufactory as 3/99 cent.

When I got to the register the candy rang up as 3 for $1. I asked the cashier how does Save-A-Lot get away with over charging? He said we don't over charge. So I showed him how the candy was marked 3 for 99 cent and the receipt stated 3 for $1.

I told him that for every 3 candies save-a-lot was over charging by 1 penny. His response was I don't have nothing to do with the pricing it comes from corporate.

I told him that for every 3 Save-s-lot is getting an extra penny. he told me it was only a penny.

Reason of review: overcharging practice.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 25.

Comments

#1561948

Meant 1k extra for every 1k candy sold

#1561946

That is similar scam bankers use and hackers used with penny shaving worms. It adds up and people get angry over that when they hear the total numbers.

If they sell a minimum of 1k of these candies storewide thats 3000 dollars they stole but they likely sell way more. And this practice is likely used on way more items which could add up to hundreds of thousands possibly more than a million.

Type your message here

I can’t believe you’re complaining about this. You must live a lonely, dull, bitter life

the store said 3 for a dollar stop *** cheap skate

to burpee #1528624

First of all the item is showing a different price then what the store is selling it for. The amount is not the issue.

If the store is collecting a penny for every three they sell times the number of stores they currently have they are gaining for every customer that purchase this item. Yet they advertise Save a lot.

Well I am not saving if you are over charging. This was 1 item that was found with this type of charging how many more item could the consumer be over charged for in the same manner.